There is no simple, clear-cut answer for why a person suffers from depression. Millions of people in the United States, both young and old, suffer from depression, and many of those people cannot pinpoint a moment, trauma, or experience that triggered the bad feelings. There are many reasons a person can experience depression without being able to identify the cause. TMS in Philadelphia can help people lessen depression symptoms when medication has failed or has too many adverse side effects. TMS Therapy also works for OCD Philadelphia.
Below, we want to go over some of the most common causes of depression:
- Some individuals are more sensitive to the adverse effects of stress. When experiencing hard and troubled times, a person with depression will have low levels of both norepinephrine and serotonin (which are both neurotransmitters). Antidepressants are used to elevate these levels in people, but unfortunately, medication does not always work. If you suffer from depression and medicine has not worked, reach out for TMS Philadelphia.
- Hormones can also play into depression symptoms a person is feeling. These are substances that are created by the endocrine gland that directly influence many body functions (mood, appetite, sex drive). Hormones produced by the thyroid gland are tied to depression.
- Lack of vitamin D can also alter a person’s feelings and mood. Seasonal depression disorder makes people sad because they do not get enough sunlight. According to a 2008 study done in the Netherlands, over 1,200 people over the age of sixty-five were deficient in Vitamin D.
Regardless of why a person feels depressed, there is something they can do to feel better. Reach out for help today!
- Why Isn’t My Depression Medication Working?
- Getting Familiar with TMS Therapy
- Does TMS Help with OCD?
- Doctor Adam P. Stern's Findings on TMS Therapy
- How Does TMS Therapy Treat OCD Symptoms?